Front & Backyard Landscaping Ideas
FrontyardThe front of your residence is always on display for all to see. Naturally, this also gives off a first impression amongst your neighbours as to how you express your taste, personality, and uniqueness. There are many initial factors involved in landscaping both the front and back of your property. To begin, if you are considering landscape design in your front yard there are some factors you need to take into account:
• Make it personal- This is the first thing people see outside of your home. The choice of your plants and design should be complimentary to the architectural style of your home. It should represent a traditional or contemporary style, yet distinctive with a personal touch.
• Size it right – You have to begin by determining the size of your yard. It is all about proportion! If you plant trees that are too tall, they tend to overwhelm the front of your home. Not only should the landscape match your exterior of your home, it should complement the hardscape as well. Smaller trees such as a fern or a cypress can be used to conceal or “mask” parts of your home that you may want hidden, or can be used create a wall of privacy on the front of your property. If you already have any large trees in front of your yard, cutting them down may erase the shade provided by the foliage, but can also uncover and enhance your home’s personal style and character.
• Go Bold, and go Bolder – When it comes to landscaping with flowering plants, there is really no set limit as to how much color you choose to use in your front yard. For example, if you have a walkway leading up to your front door, or any set paths around your property, you could use bright colors to highlight this such as tulips or blue bell flowers. Instead of using hedges next to your house, an array of petunias makes a bold and bright statement.
• Grassy vs. Classy – A front yard that is not particularly large can have beautiful, well-trimmed lawns if they’re maintained properly on a regular basis, and watered when necessary. Typically, a front lawn that is not well kept can give off the impression of someone who does not feel the need to care for their home outside as much as they may inside. It could become an ugly sight for you and those around you. If you’re considering replacing your front lawn with a courtyard type setting, or wider walkway, be sure to make it stand out nonetheless with borders and fillers for areas with flower plants such as mulch and pebbles. Prior to doing this, make sure you are lining the ground with a mesh that is weed-resistant, and remember to treat moss growth and mildew immediately as this could cause bigger problems in your landscape design further down the road.
BackyardThe backyard of your residence is considered by many the “meat and potatoes” of your property. This is where you come to relax after a long day, or a beautiful sunny weekend. Your backyard should be a reflection of who you are and what you love the most. There are no limits as to how much or little you choose to do back there, after all, it should be like your mini-oasis. Depending on the size of your backyard, there are various routes you could choose to go. There are many initial factors involved in landscaping both the front and back of your property. To begin, if you are considering landscape design in your backyard, there are some factors you need to take into account:
• Budget – It’s all about thinking big, but spending small! No matter what the size of your backyard is, you should always set a budget, as people typically tend to spend much more than they expect when landscaping their backyard as opposed to the front. You need to ensure you take into account all the types of plants, furniture, color schemes, flowers, and layouts you can choose to incorporate outside of your home. Whether you are looking to create an outdoor living space, or simply somewhere to mellow out with family and friends, you should always rely on imagination to keep you inspired. Believe it or not, even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on re-designing, being open minded and creative will still allow you to create a beautiful back yard, even if you are a little tight for cash. Be sure not to use trees, plants, or flowering plants that aren’t suitable for your climate or place of residence. Sometimes other plants such as vines can suffocate and kill other plants around them, and that could ultimately ruin the design of your plans.
• Outdoor Living area – This has become a massive trend for homeowners with sizeable backyards over the last few years. Outdoor living areas are extremely popular and are a great way to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends without the hassle of going out to a local patio or restaurant and spending money! For starters, you should begin with a color scheme you want to achieve so your accents and furniture are complimentary to each other, and provide an overall sense of warmth and flow throughout your backyard. Once you have your basic concept drawn out, you’re ready to begin your residential landscaping in Mississauga! Don’t go it alone, call Lawn Master’s Peel services today! Mississauga’s number one Landscaping Company.